quarta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2016

Dad, I belong to you...


Jeremiah Complains
10 I wish I had never been born! 
I'm always in trouble with everyone in Judah.
I never lend or borrow money, but everyone curses me just the same.
11 Then the Lord replied, “I promise to protect you, and when disaster comes, even your enemies will beg you for help.”
The Enemy Cannot Be Defeated 
The Lord told me to say: 12 People of Judah, just as you can't break iron mixed with bronze, you can't defeat the enemies that will attack from the north.
13 I will give them everything you own, because you have sinned everywhere in your country.
14 My anger is a fire that cannot be put out, so I will make you slaves of your enemies in a foreign land.
Jeremiah Complains Again
15 You can see how I suffer insult after insult, all because of you, Lord.
Don't be so patient with my enemies; take revenge on them before they kill me.
16 When you spoke to me, I was glad to obey, because I belong to you, the Lord All-Powerful.
17 I don't go to parties and have a good time.
Instead, I keep to myself, because you have filled me with your anger.
18 I am badly injured and in constant pain.
Are you going to disappoint me, like a stream that goes dry in the heat of summer?
The Lord Replies
19 Then the Lord told me: Stop talking like a fool! If you turn back to me and speak my message, I will let you be my prophet once again.
I hope the people of Judah will accept what you say.
But you can ignore their threats, * 20 because I am making you strong, like a bronze wall.
They are evil and violent, but when they attack, 21 I will be there to rescue you.
I, the Lord, have spoken.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário