quinta-feira, 27 de outubro de 2016

The love of the son and the justice of the father ...


A Prayer for God's Protection
1 I run to you, Lord, for protection.
Don't disappoint me.
2 You do what is right, so come to my rescue.
Listen to my prayer and keep me safe.
3 Be my mighty rock, the place where I can always run for protection.
Save me by your command! 
You are my mighty rock and my fortress.
4 Come and save me, Lord God, from vicious and cruel and brutal enemies!
5 I depend on you, and I have trusted you since I was young.
6 I have relied on you from the day I was born.
You brought me safely through birth, and I always praise you.
7 Many people think of me as something evil.
But you are my mighty protector, 8 and I praise and honor you all day long.
9 Don't throw me aside when I am old; don't desert me when my strength is gone.
10 My enemies are plotting because they want me dead.
11 They say, “Now we'll catch you!
God has deserted you, and no one can save you.”
12 Come closer, God! Please hurry and help.
13 Embarrass and destroy all who want me dead; disgrace and confuse all who want to hurt me.

14 I will never give up hope or stop praising you.
15 All day long I will tell the wonderful things you do to save your people.
But you have done much more than I could possibly know.
16 I will praise you, Lord God, for your mighty deeds and your power to save.
17 You have taught me since I was a child, and I never stop telling about your marvelous deeds.
18 Don't leave me when I am old and my hair turns gray.
Let me tell future generations about your mighty power.
19 Your deeds of kindness are known in the heavens.
No one is like you!
20 You made me suffer a lot, but you will bring me back from this deep pit and give me new life.
21 You will make me truly great and take my sorrow away.
22 I will praise you, God, the Holy One of Israel.
You are faithful.
I will play the harp and sing your praises.
23 You have rescued me! I will celebrate and shout, singing praises to you with all my heart.
24 All day long I will announce your power to save.
I will tell how you disgraced and disappointed those who wanted to hurt me.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário