domingo, 4 de outubro de 2015

The most beautiful love story I have ever seen

My friend, let me bring your love story and dedication to my blog, thrilled me when I read, you know exactly what I went through and I will not deny, I would pass over again. As our renunciations ... I think this is the only way to love what we know.

God bless You


Ohh +Rosa Soares​​, I truly understand what you went and are going through. Being a care giver for a love one is one of the hardest thing to be do. Yet, it is also one of the most rewarding. 
I was the care giver for my husband for 10 years. He did not have Cancer but had multitude of other medical issues which ultimately led to End Stage Renal Failure. As a paraplegic from the age of 17 he had led a very successful and full life. We met and fell in love when I was 16 and he was 20. Becoming this ill after living an active life was frustrating to him. 
I had promised him that I would never allow a stranger to care for him and that is a promise I never broke. I learned how to do every procedure that needed to be done including taking care of a colostomy and learning how to straight cath and eventually change a 24/7 catheter every 4 weeks.
I learned how to treat, change, and re-dress wounds. We became great partners in his care. He knew I would never break my promise so he helped as much as he could in making it easier for me. 
He continued to work until the last 4 years of his life. We continued to travel, go to high school sports and carry on with extended family events. Even 2 months before his passing we were watching our great niece competing in State Track events and attending her high school graduation. 
The final month he bravely got up every day, shaved and tried to carry on a fairly normal life. The last day he advised me he thought he would stay in bed. So our closest friends spent the day with him while I took care of personal business. We all had dinner together that night. They remained until late in the evening. 
I changed his dressings and we joked about a TV show we were half listening too. Around 2 a.m. I sat down next to the bed and listened to his breathing. At 3 a.m my best friend, lover, true love, husband and soul mate went Home. We had been a part of each other's lives, from the night we met until the night he passed away, for 50 years, 5 months, 7 days.
Being able to provide for his nursing care was one of the most satisfying part of our long term relationship. He has been gone for 3 years and 2 1/2 months. I know he is riding his horse that he had before being hurt at 17, playing football and maybe flying the planes he so wanted to be able to before the accident.
Rosa you have not said whether your love one is still going through treatment. If he is God Speed. And God Bless you for taking on the care of your love one. It takes a special person with a very kind soul to take on this responsibility. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Diana Ewing

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário